[CentOS] OT: laptop recommendations for CentOS6

Sat Aug 17 12:03:08 UTC 2013
Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer at ngtech.co.il>

Hey there,

CentOS is using what kernel? 2.x??
which was not designed to work with newer hardware but Fedora works fine
with it.
If you need specific functions like EMAIL WEB etc take a look at the
latest stable Fedora and go back one version and test it.
I am using Fedora(18) on a very old MSI (5 years or more) and it works
nice but not as fast as newer basic desktop corei3.
I assume that Fedora will work on basic laptop chipsets.
they do have compatibly list:
http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/HardwareList
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HCL/Machines/Laptops

if you can know what is the chipset on each card like atheros broadcom
intel nvidia ati etc you can make sure that the OS will work with it.
my desktop has a ATI card so it's suppose to be compatible with Fedora.

Did you considered other OS for the machine?

Eliezer