[CentOS] RHEL Subscriptions

Mon Aug 19 14:43:59 UTC 2013
Joseph Spenner <joseph85750 at yahoo.com>

On 08/18/2013 09:30 PM, Anthony K wrote:

> Hello List Members.
>
> I was recently approached by Dell stating that I HAVE TO renew my Red
> Hat Subscriptions.  I challenged this statement and was informed that
> this has always been the case and that all servers I have bought off of
> Dell over the years need to have current subscription!
>
> I've been searching the Red Hat website to find where this is stated but
> can't seem to locate this info.  So, is Dell having me on?

Does seem kinda harsh.  Maybe it's the only way Dell can support you?  Without subscriptions/license, I don't think yum updates will work unless you modify the repos manually.

The only time anyone at my company ever contacted Red Hat for support was to figure out how to use the license they bought!  It didn't take long before we dropped that nonsense and started using CentOS.

If life gives you lemons, keep them-- because hey.. free lemons.
"♥ Sticker" fixer:  http://microflush.org/stuff/stickers/heartFix.htm