[CentOS] k3b -> cddb doesn't work

Tue Aug 20 09:32:24 UTC 2013
Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de>

Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org> wrote:

> If there is a problem with a software package provided by CentOS (base /
> updates), then it can only be solved if a ticket and case is opened with
> the upstream dsitribution as CentOS just rebuilds what Red Hat offers in
> their RHEL package set.

There have been more than 100 related bugs in the redhat bugtracking before the
bugs have been close without fixing them.

You could show that you are interested in those bugs by reopening all related
bugs that have not been fixed yet. Note that a bug does not go away if you
increment the distro version number without upgrading software.

If you like to avoid that similar discussions will pop up from time to
time, I recommend you to upgrade to recent original software. This is the best
grant from preventing your users to ask related questions. You then could close
the named bugs as "fixed".

Jörg