[CentOS] Fastest way of removing very large number of files?

Fri Aug 23 05:52:17 UTC 2013
Xinyun Zhou <me at xyzhou.com>

On Thu, 2013-08-22 at 23:40 -0600, Frank Cox wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 07:34:50 +0200
> Rafał Radecki wrote:
>
> > Can you recommend something? I use an ext4 filesystem.
>
> Without actually trying to to see, I suspect that a C program that calls
> remove() would probably be faster than just about anything else.

I agree with what you are saying, and I think you may even want to use
unlink() if they are all files, no dirs. remove() actually will call
unlink() so you may be able to save few function calls and logical
statements.

--

Regards,

Xinyun ZHOU