[CentOS] SOHO colour laser printer recommendations

Ned Slider

ned at unixmail.co.uk
Tue Dec 3 21:40:49 UTC 2013

Hi List,

I'd really appreciate some recommendations for colour laser printers for
use with CentOS. It's for light home use with CentOS 5 and CentOS 6 systems.

Must have:

1. Colour. Quality not that important as mainly for kids school project
type of stuff.
2. Ethernet connectivity - want something I can plug into the network
3. Cheap running costs - don't want to be spending a fortune on toner
4. Linux support

I have very little experience with printing on Linux. I'm assuming I
want a laser with Postscript and/or PCL emulation, and Linux driver
support (still not sure exactly what I should be looking for here).

Top of my very short list at present is:

Brother HL-4140CN at £167

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Brother-HL4140CN-Network-Colour-Printer/dp/B0047753F4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386105929&sr=8-1&keywords=brother+hl-4140cn

I'd appreciate any other recommendations people might have.

Thanks!