[CentOS] Third-party SATA-RAID cards suggestions

Sorin Srbu

Sorin.Srbu at orgfarm.uu.se
Thu Dec 5 08:49:35 UTC 2013

Hi all,

Would anybody care to suggest a third party SATA-RAID card that works out of
the box with CentOS 6, without having to jump through hoops to make it work?

The card should preferably be able to connect ten harddrives, but I guess
three four-port cards should work as well. There's no need for anything fancy
really, as long as I can create a single big software-raid on it at CentOS
install-time.

So far I've tried a Highpoint RocketRAID 2740 and a LSI 9201-16i without too
much success.

Thanks for any suggestions in advance!

--
BW,
	Sorin
# Sorin Srbu, Sysadmin
# Uppsala University
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry
# Div of Org Pharm Chem
# Box 574
# SE-75123 Uppsala
# Sweden#
# Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482
# Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
# Web: http://www.orgfarm.uu.se
# ()  ASCII ribbon campaign - Against html E-mail
# /\
#
# This message was not sent from an iProduct!
#
# MotD follows:
# Legacy MS Tag: The best way to accelerate Windows is at escape velocity.