[CentOS] ADMIN issue - manitu

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Fri Dec 6 15:28:38 UTC 2013

Kai Schaetzl wrote:
> M.roth at 5-cent.us wrote on Thu, 5 Dec 2013 16:47:37 -0500:
>
>> I keep hoping, perhaps foolishly, that others who get hit with this will
>> add their voice, and that the list might go to using some other source
>> to block spam.
>
> Oh, yeah, until the day where that list adds Hostmonster as well and
> suddenly is the devil. Come on, don't you see that you are acting pretty
> irrational?

Me, irrational? At being annoyed by being blocked? By a "service" I've
been annoyed at before, when I was using other ISPs?

And in one post, I asked those who assert hostmonster is evil to a)
provide a basis for that assertion, *other* than my being occasionally
blocked by NIXSpam, and b) to name a price-comparable hosting provider, in
the US, that will never get me blocked, ever.

I'm still waiting on those responses.

In the meantime,
  a) no one ever responded to Nux!'s post about how they were badly hurt
by NIXSpam,
  b) no one's even appeared to consider alternatives to NIXSpam - I've
never run a hosting
          site, I've never had to deal with it all, but surely there are
folks out there
          who *have* used other resources - surely NIXSpam isn't the only
one that' free.

And c) rather than reasonable discussion, several folks, including you,
are basically attacking me for being annoyed.
My response is that this thread has become completely nonproductive,
tedious, and only more annoyance, so I won't post any more to it. If
someone has more to say to me, take it offlist - my email's public.

And unscrew you, Kai.

         mark