[CentOS] RHEL 7 Beta is now public

Ned Slider ned at unixmail.co.uk
Wed Dec 11 16:29:48 UTC 2013

On 11/12/13 16:03, Alain Péan wrote:
> Le 11/12/2013 16:56, Karanbir Singh a écrit :
>> http://ftp.redhat.com/redhat/rhel/beta/7/
>>
>> Go get it ( maybe consider using a mirror ), play with it, test it, and
>> file reports. Dont use it in production.
>>
>> As in the past, we highly encourage people to use the official beta
>> builds from Red Hat and to report issues athttp://bugzilla.redhat.com/
>>
>> Within CentOS, we are going to do a CentOS7Beta1 build to match the
>> release upsteam, and do it in a manner that allows lots of people to get
>> involved and track progress. Keep an eye out on posts on the
>> centos-devel list to see how you can get involved and help with the
>> CentOS Builds and testing process.
>
> There seems to be only x86_64 release ? That would be in the current
> trend...
>
> Alain

Correct. RHEL7 will have support for 32-bit apps by way of 32-bit
compatability libs as is currently the case on 6 (so you can run 32-bit
apps on a 64-bit system), but from RHEL7 there will be no 32-bit
installation option.

See the release notes here for details of major changes:

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7-Beta/html-single/7.0_Release_Notes/index.html