[CentOS] RHEL 7 Beta is now public

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Dec 12 11:03:55 UTC 2013

On 12/12/2013 11:05 PM, Karanbir Singh wrote:

> The overall aim is to have as many people as possible test the rhel7
> beta and file bugs at bugzilla.redhat.com; that way everyone is testing
> anf doing feedback against the same builds, and we all win with a better
> overall end result.

I've installed RHEL7 onto a Xen VM running off a CentOS 6 host.  I used
yum to do the install as opposed to installing from the ISO so I've got
a bit of a unique perspective on it.  Anyways, I'll probably file a few
bugs along the following lines:

The core group includes NetworkManager and postfix, neither should be
core packages and should be excluded from a core or minimal install.

I had problems with selinux and sshd, I had to add a new policy and
autorelabel before it would work with selinux in enforcing mode.  I
think needing to add the policy is probably a bug, but the autorelabel
may be expected considering the rather unusual install method I used.

Problems with the mirrorlist, I had to comment it out and uncomment the
baseurl from the repo file to get yum to work.  I think this is known
and will likely be resolved soon anyways.

Peter