[CentOS] RHEL 7 Beta is now public

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Thu Dec 12 11:39:02 UTC 2013

On 12/13/2013 12:30 AM, Peter wrote:
> Oh I forgot to mention the other issue, I'm running it under pvgrub (and
> it works fine with a normal grub.conf file, btw, no need to install
> grub2 that way), and I had to regenerate the initramfs, the one supplied
> with the kernel did not come with the xenblk and xennet drivers
> installed.  That was also somewhat expected, though, and not necessarily
> a bug, but RHEL7 is supposed to be supported as a Xen domu, so it may be.

...and speaking of upstream Xen support, RedHat have actually disabled
Xen Dom0 support in the kernel.  This would be something that they had
to do on purpose, so I'm quite sure that it will be a waste of time to
file a bug on it.  It does mean that assuming that CentOS updates
Xen4CentOS for CentOS 7 you'll need to once again supply the kernel for
the dom0 as you can't get away with just using the stock RedHat one.  On
the bright side the kernel does have dom0 support and will just require
a config file change to enable it, so the dom0 kernel can be just a
rebuild of the stock one and not require a completely different kernel
as is now the case.

Peter