[CentOS] New SCL updates pushed

Jake Shipton jakems at fedoraproject.org
Fri Dec 13 23:38:03 UTC 2013

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 07:02:17 -0600
Johnny Hughes <johnny at centos.org> wrote:

> We have Software Collections for CentOS currently in our testing repo:
>
> http://dev.centos.org/centos/6/SCL/
>
> To date I don't think I have gotten any feedback, positive or
> negative, for these SCL RPMs though I know there are hundreds of
> people using them (or at least downloading them).
>
> I have added the following SCL updates to the repo:
>
> Critical: ruby193-ruby security update:
> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2013-1763.html
>
> Important: ruby193-rubygem-actionpack security update:
> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2013-1794.html
>
> Critical: php security update:
> http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2013-1815.html
>

> If we are ever going to get these out of testing and into production,
> we need to get some feedback.  Feedback accepted on this list, the
> centos-devel mailing list, or this bug:
>
> http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=6719
>
> Thanks,
> Johnny Hughes

Hi Johnny,

I've been using SCL for some testing for a little while now.

I haven't really gotten around to posting a message regarding it due to
it was just working and I proceeded to do some work with it :-).

Sorry about that.

I've not experienced any issues with the repository so far, and I'm
guessing since there is not a load of people emailing saying "It
doesn't work" other people aren't having issues either, but I could be
wrong.

Though I myself have only used the mariadb packages and various php
packages.

Out of curiosity, once it is deemed "stable" how do you intend to
provide the extra packages? will they be included with a default
install in a separate repository? or will they become part of
base? extras?

Just curious :-).

Additionally, I would like to say Thank You for providing these
packages :-).

Thanks!

Kind Regards,
Jake Shipton (JakeMS)
GPG Key: 0xE3C31D8F
GPG Fingerprint: 7515 CC63 19BD 06F9 400A DE8A 1D0B A5CF E3C3 1D8F