[CentOS] And then there was one (browser)

Robert Arkiletian

robark at gmail.com
Fri Dec 20 01:48:03 UTC 2013

About 6 months has passed since the last working version of Opera
(12.16) for Linux was released. Opera 18 (Win+Mac only) is now based
on Chromium so I'm not holding my breath for it to work with C6 even
if it is ever released.

Chrome/Chromium is pretty much history too (libs too old). So Firefox
is the only game in town. Even lesser knowns like Midori won't work
either. Considering the amount of time left in the C6 support cycle,
one would have thought TUV would have worked with Google to find a
solution but I haven't heard a peep.

How can XP, an ancient OS going EOL in a few months, still be
supported for the latest Chromium but C6 not?

Does anyone know of secret plans to eventually support Chrome/Chromium
on C6? (crossing fingers)