[CentOS] TCP port to TTY/Serial Port?

Warren Young warren at etr-usa.com
Fri Dec 20 19:39:26 UTC 2013

On 12/20/2013 08:13, Joseph Spenner wrote:

> But, I can never get the text to show up in the minicom window.

You know the aphorism about hammers and nails?  minicom is an awesome
hammer, and here you are, presenting a problem that calls for a
ratcheting box wrench.

minicom is great for interactive use.  When you want to do something
programmatically, there's always a better way.

Nux's suggestion, socat, looks like a much better choice here.

I found a blog post that tells you how to create virtual serial ports
connected to TCP listeners, here:

     http://justcheckingonall.wordpress.com/2009/06/09/howto-vsp-socat/