[CentOS] And then there was one (browser)

Peter peter at pajamian.dhs.org
Sat Dec 21 21:54:37 UTC 2013

On 12/22/2013 09:00 AM, Scot P. Floess wrote:

> as much as I hate to admit it, I'm not sure what mono/moonlight are...

Linux implementation of Microsoft .net and Silverlight respectively.
Silverlight was supposed to be Microsoft's answer to flash which never
really took off except in some high corporate and government situations
where some PHB was tricked into it by a Microsoft salesman.

Both mono (and as an extension moonlight) are spearheaded by Novel with
"support" from Microsoft, which means it will almost work but not quite.

To the GP, I would try rebuilding moonlight with the latest version and
see if it helps, and if it doesn't then you may be stuck with either
dual-booting or running a VM with windoze in order to access that
government website.  You may also want to look into laws regarding equal
access to government resources in your area.

Peter