[CentOS] CentOS Hardware clock time setting.

Mon Dec 2 17:15:45 UTC 2013
Leon Fauster <leonfauster at googlemail.com>

Am 02.12.2013 um 12:07 schrieb Anand Singh <anandsing at gmail.com>:
> Hi, I would like to sync my CentOS 6.3 hardware clock time to my NTP
> server's time. Can I do that without reboot the hosts?
>
> If yes, it would be great if anyone of you can provide me steps to do that.
> I am newbie in CentOS.

i suggest to use the client way to sync your time. Compared to the ntpd way it will
not listen on specific network port. Client way means using the /etc/rc.d/init.d/ntpdate
service configured in /etc/ntp/step-tickers and /etc/sysconfig/ntpdate. Enabled it via

$ chkconfig ntpdate on && service ntpdate start

--
LF