[CentOS] Outbound traffic spike every 30 minutes

Tue Dec 3 20:44:21 UTC 2013
diegors at gmail.com <diegors at gmail.com>

Sorry...

Try with some tool to see what type of traffic.
(Munin,cacti,ganglia, etc)

Is in your lan?

Diego Sanchez

Sent from my mobile

-----Original Message-----
From: diegors at gmail.com
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2013 20:42:39
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Outbound traffic spike every 30 minutes

Is inbound or outbound?
What port?
tcp or udp?

------Mensaje original------
De: Bowie Bailey
Remitente: centos-bounces at centos.org
Para: CentOS mailing list
Responder a: CentOS mailing list
Enviado: 3 de dic de 2013 19:36

Since Sunday morning, one of my CentOS servers has been generating a
small spike of outbound traffic every 30 minutes (X:00 and X:30). It's
not enough traffic to really cause any notice except for the fact that
it is a very regular pattern and it started abruptly at midnight Sunday.

This server is used for mail (Courier-MTA), and DNS (Bind).  I cannot
find anything unusual in either of those logs.  I tried grepping through
my firewall logs, but have been unable to find anything useful there
either.  I don't see any cron jobs that would generate network traffic.

Any suggestions how I can go about tracking this down?

--
Bowie