[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 VirtualBox

Fri Dec 6 03:13:55 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 12/5/2013 6:52 PM, Marko Vojinovic wrote:
> So cpu's without vmx are not as ancient as they might appear.

true, I always forget about the low end economy version processors as I
tend to buy within a couple notches of the top, rather than the bottom
of whatever generation, figuring that gets me more useful lifetime from
my systems.    so yeah, you will never be able to virtualize any 64bit
guest with a non-VT-x processor, and many newer hypervisors won't even
run at all as it requires far more emulation to run even 32bit guests on
the non-VT-x processors.