[CentOS] CentOS 6.5 VirtualBox

Fri Dec 6 11:26:34 UTC 2013
Scott Robbins <scottro at nyc.rr.com>

On Fri, Dec 06, 2013 at 01:08:05AM -0800, John R Pierce wrote:

> On 12/6/2013 12:22 AM, Toralf Lund wrote:
> > KVM? I must admit I haven't even heard of it, except if you are talking
> > about switchboxes;-)
> >
> > Can it be configured to run an actual Windows partition? (This is how I
> > use VirtualBox today.)
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/KVM

Note that the article there is very out of date, but there is a link at the
top to a more current article.

> yes, you can run a windows VM rather nicely.

It can run a Windows VM, but, at least in my experience, a Windows, or
actually, even a Linux with GUI, doesn't run as well as it does with
VirtualBox.  In addition, bridged networking takes a bit of work to set
up--not very difficult once you're familiar with it, but it's done with a
mouse click as it is in VirtualBox.

On the plus side, it seems (not thoroughly tested on my part) to be less
resource intensive than VBox, and better at sharing resources.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6