[CentOS] died again

Sat Dec 7 03:02:41 UTC 2013
Michael Hennebry <hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu>

On Fri, 6 Dec 2013, Warren Young wrote:

> On 12/6/2013 16:34, Michael Hennebry wrote:

>> The power supply is a sealed unit,
>
> I think you'll find that once you unscrew it from the case, you'll
> expose another set of screws that will let you remove the power supply's
> lid.  The odd hole in the back of the case is designed to block access
> to these screws, on purpose.

If I remove the right screws, I think that moving it farther into
the case would allow it to be removed.
For that, I'd want it on its side so that it didn't fall on something.

> Don't touch anything in there unless you know your microfarads from your
> microhenries.  Just take pics.

I do, but I'm still not likely to try to fix it.

> Some advice, based on prior experience receiving uselessly bad pictures
> in the DIY electronics slice of my life:

> 1b. Bounce or diffuse as much of the light as possible.  Lots of direct
> light is good, but if it creates blown-out flare spots or inky shadows
> that obscure detail, it's still no good.  There are many ways to make
> cheap diffusers and bounce cards: old thin sheets, tin foil, poster
> board...  Tenting a sheet over your head and the case can give a better
> result than a bright direct light.  If your camera's flash is
> articulated, bounce it into the scene rather than shoot directly in.

My office has a large flourescent light.
If the pictures are not well enough lit,
I can change the illumination angle.

I'm open to suggestion, both in regard to lighting and in regard to subject.

For now, nap time.

"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical
reasons* why it is necessary to sacrifice a young
goat to your SCSI chain now and then."   --   John Woods