[CentOS] died again

Sat Dec 7 06:17:31 UTC 2013
Eliezer Croitoru <eliezer at ngtech.co.il>

What Refurbished means?

The hardware by itself looks nice but it might be a noisy machine.
HP support only windows Vista for this machine and I do not know what
bios and CHIPS it was built upon yet.

If it has the parts that this review claims:
http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/hp-compaq-business-dc7800/4507-3118_7-32598385.html

Then this is the official compatibility the chipset has:
http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/category/graphics/q35/cmptbl

I have not used yet a q35 based machine but it seems like kvm is
using\planing this chipset design as an emulated layer in kvm:
http://www.linux-kvm.org/wiki/images/0/06/2012-forum-Q35.pdf

So the basic assumption is that it was used by a client and then was
replaced by newer desktop to prevent something or just to move forward.

Compared to the +3800X2 I think E6750 requires more Power but it has
VT-x support.

Due to "2.33" I assume it's not the E6750 but maybe E6550.
And as long you do not expect it to lift your desktop to the air it
should be a good machine.

Compared to INTEL ATOM it is rated for 65w which most ATOM are about 15w.

Basic EMAIL(not 40k emails) and basic browsing(not too much concurrently
open tabs) should run simultaneously by default.
If you can buy the 4GB as a package it will give you more air to breath
while comparing it to the old machine.

The HDD state is irrelevant as I understand.

The basic issue with this machine is that in my part of the world I
cannot get replacement parts for it.

If you can try to ask in nearby small stores what MB they do have and
what parts are the basic ones today you will know what to expect.

Eliezer