[CentOS] Upgrade to CentOS 6.5 -> issue with Broadcom Wifi

Tue Dec 10 21:45:07 UTC 2013
Darr247 <darr247 at gmail.com>

On 10 DEC 2013 @09:26 zulu, wwp wrote:
> Hello there!
>

> I was running CentOS 6.4 system on my Dell Latitude E6530 flawlessly,
> until I upgraded to CentOS 6.5.
>
> Now the wifi doesn't show up (it's a Broadcom Wifi BT4313, 14e4:4727),

I went through the same thing around fedora 16 with a 14e4:4328...
replaced it with an Atheros-based Ubiquiti SR71-E and that works fine in
windows AND linux.
e.g. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA1EA0CD6598

Not that I have anything against Broadcom...  all of my current routers
and access points use Broadcom radio chipsets.

Don't expect any help from Dell with the problem unless some flavor of
linux was offered as an OS when it was sold. You can tell if it was, on
their Drivers & Downloads page for that model
(http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/19/Product/latitude-e6530
)...  all OS's that were ever installed on it when built will be in the
Operating System picklist.