[CentOS] Do I need a dedicated firewall?

Thu Dec 12 13:18:32 UTC 2013
Mike Burger <mburger at bubbanfriends.org>

I used to run everything in a similar manner, behind an IPCop system.

The UVerse gateway doesn't handle multiple IPs on the same interface, when
plugged directly into the gateway, so I wound up ditching the IPCop system
and using my server as both the server and a firewall/router as you're
asking about.

You should be able to do so with no trouble.
--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

"It's always suicide-mission this, save-the-planet that. No one ever just
stops by to say 'hi' anymore." --Colonel Jack O'Neill, SG1