[CentOS] duplicate packages on connection reset

Mon Dec 16 06:38:23 UTC 2013
Adrian Sevcenco <Adrian.Sevcenco at cern.ch>

On 12/15/2013 10:54 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 15.12.2013 21:34, schrieb Adrian Sevcenco:
>> Hi! I have a small problem with some packages : i was doing an update
>> over ssh and my connection was interrupted .. now i have a lots of
>> duplicates and if i try to remove them, yum tries to uninstall all
>> system (447 packages 1.4 gb)!!
>>
>> Any idea how can i clean this mess?
>
> yum install yum-utils
> package-cleanup --dupes
> package-cleanup --cleandupes
yeap, i tried this (i was actually referring to this in original mail)
.. and it tries do uninstall with all dependencies ..

i have done a list of duplicates with
yum check | awk '/is a duplicate/ {print $6}' > /tmp/DUPES
and i was planning to remove them with --nodeps --noscripts

what do you think? is this a solution that would avoid the dependencies
uninstall and would clean up the packages?

>> would be pretty bad if the machine needs to be re-installed only
>> because the connection went bad during the process...
>
> a linux system never needs to be re-installed
> even not after a interrupted fedora dist-upgrade
i really hope so :)

> what you should have learned by this is to use and install "screen"
lesson learn :( .. it is the same with backup: one get burned once then
learn the lesson :)

Thanks!!
Adrian