[CentOS] died again

Mon Dec 16 17:32:54 UTC 2013
Warren Young <warren at etr-usa.com>

On 12/15/2013 16:21, Michael Hennebry wrote:

> the yellow stuff looks suspicious.

It's a kind of strain relief.  Without that flexible glue, dropping the
computer could snap those caps off at their base.  Since this is the
sort of thing that occasionally happens to computers in shipping,
computer manufacturers try to make sure their machines can withstand a
few of these sharp shocks.

After all, damage in shipping is damage during the warranty period, and
the shipping companies are a PITA to get insurance money out of.

> The darkness near the smaller yellow spot indicates my inability
> to position both the camera and the light the way I wanted them.

That's why I mentioned reflectors and bounce cards among my photo advice.