[CentOS] How can I disable PostFix maillog ( /var/log/maillog )

Wed Dec 18 19:44:42 UTC 2013
Keith Keller <kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us>

On 2013-12-18, JEWEL AHMMED <lists at jewelahmmed.me> wrote:

> My PostFix server is running good now,
> but, When I send many email from my server,
> PostFix make log file big. now my log file is 30MB .. :(
> so, I want to disable log reporting it.
> Just, can you tell me, can i make it disable ?
> If yes, Please tell me the process.
> I am new in Linux.

If you are this new to linux, you probably shouldn't be running a
publicly accessible MTA.  Normally I don't appreciate such a suggestion,
but MTAs are so susceptible to abuse that in this case it's usually
warranted.  (And normally I don't throw around TLAs like MTA, but it's
the same principle: if you don't know what an MTA is you shouldn't be
running one that's publicly accessible.)

If you insist on continuing to run Postfix, be sure to monitor all the
spam listing services you are likely to end up on, thus resulting in
having your mail blocked by sites which use those services.

I am sorry if this sounds harsh, but I have seen too many people try,
and fail, to successfully run a secure MTA.

--keith

kkeller at wombat.san-francisco.ca.us