[CentOS] OT: Re: monitor config in xorg.conf

Mon Dec 23 11:20:49 UTC 2013
ken <gebser at mousecar.com>

On 12/22/2013 07:21 PM Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 23.12.2013 00:52, schrieb ken:
>> On 12/22/2013 11:15 AM Ned Slider wrote:
>>> CentOS 5 or CentOS 6?
>>
>> 5
>
> well, if you have statet this in the OP

I'm sorry that you got confused.  I was though asking after help with an
xorg.conf file.  That was quite clear, yes?

> RHEL5 was released 2007
> Fedora dropped xorg.conf in default setups AFAIK 2008/2009
> so this has made it's way into RHEL/CentOS 6
>
> but way too much people carry their xorg.conf still around
> for no reason than troubles in case of hardware changes on
> modern systems

Thanks for the info, but it's not really relevant to the issue at hand.

Reindl, please understand I have a purely technical issue I'm trying to
get an answer to.  We all know you're a smart guy.  So perhaps you could
help by staying with the topic.

Thanks.