[CentOS] Centos-compatible motherboards

Thu Dec 26 07:17:54 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 12/25/2013 11:09 PM, g wrote:
> because you are upgrading a box, do consider upping power supply
> to at least 650 watt for load you will be adding.

huh?   my system uses about 200-250 watts actual line current running
full tilt, its a core i5-3570k overclocked to 4.2ghz, with 16gb ram, 1
250GB SSD and 2 3TB HDs... it also has a cuple PCI IO cards in it, and a
NVidia 640 GT video card.  Its got a 450W PSU, which is plenty.

the only people that need 600W+ PSUs are running two or more high end
video cards