[CentOS] skype not starting anymore, prelink issue?

Yves Bellefeuille yan at storm.ca
Fri Feb 1 13:08:20 UTC 2013

On Friday 01 February 2013, wwp <subscript at free.fr> wrote:

> This point has already been answered on this mailing list (and
> elsewhere). A bit of search in the archives and elsewhere would
> quickly bring you this:
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/Skype

I'm very familiar with that document. :-) And many users, including
myself, couldn't get Skype 4.1 to work on CentOS 64 bits using those
instructions.

If Skype 4.1 did work on your 64-bit system, I'm very interested in
knowing the details; you can contact me directly if you wish.

(Skype 4.0 does work; in your initial post, you said that 4.1.0.20 used
to work on your system, but no longer does.)

Yves

--
Yves Bellefeuille <yan at storm.ca>
"Simply put, E=mc^2 is liberal claptrap." -- Conservapedia.com