[CentOS] Dell unofficial community repository - what do you think?

SilverTip257 silvertip257 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 23:10:48 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 9:22 AM, <lhecking at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> > I also haven't figured out how to only update firmware for specific
> > devices. With the inventory_firmware and update_firmware commands, it
> > looks for updates and applies all updates at once.
>
>  inventory_firmware_gui lets you select. I'm not aware of how to achieve
>  this with command line only.

update_firmware

> > As for creating a local mirror, a simple rsync grabs it (I exclude
> > everything I don't need)
>
>  Yes, I have something pretty similar :)

I use their repo directly, but I should mirror it now that I have more
machines that make use of those packages.

It looks like srvadmin-omcommon is broken for one reason or another. [0] [1]

[0]
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2013-January/047660.html
[1]
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2013-January/047677.html

> > I'll attach the yum repo file I use for my local repo. A 'yum install
> > srvadmin-all dell_ft_install' will grab what you need for firmware tools
> > and OpenManage, and then a 'yum install $(bootstrap_firmware)' will grab
> > all your hardware specific firmware.
>
>  Thanks, I'll compare it with my own to see what's wrong.

The amount of software installed depends on whether one is running the full
OpenManage administration interface or not.

Mike
//  SilverTip257  //