[CentOS] recent ruby packages?

m.roth at 5-cent.us

Mon Feb 4 15:21:27 UTC 2013

Does anyone know of a repository that's *trustworthy* (gotta worry 'bout
malware) with newer ruby rpm's than RHEL has?

OT: the more I deal with ruby, the less I like it. Someone here was ready
to move to a newer version, and from the ruby.org website, they're
apparently actively hostile to all RH-related distros, even though we're
the most common in North America. They've got a how to do it from debian
and arch, how to use their own installer, and, oh, yes, they say a lot of
their community feels you should build from source.

Sorry, that's not my idea of a stable language that I'd ever recommend to
someone....

        mark