[CentOS] Is CentOS-6.3-x86_64-netinstall.iso broken?

Scott Robbins scottro at nyc.rr.com
Sat Feb 9 12:22:39 UTC 2013

On Sat, Feb 09, 2013 at 12:07:16PM +0000, pnorton3.14 at gmail.com wrote:
> Hello George. I had the same problem on an old proliant. Settled for a min install CD iso and then updated. All the best Paul

Please don't top post.  See
http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

among others.

To answer the question, when doing the net install, you should see a screen
saying something like What type of media contains the installation image.
At that point, you should choose URL, assuming you're trying to get it from
a CentOS mirror.  It should then offer to configure the network--if you're
on a typical local network, it will automatically configure it with DHCP.

The next screen will ask you for the URL.  You have to pick a CentOS mirror
and manually enter one, for example

http://mirrors.kernel.org/centos/6.3/os/x86_64/

for the 64 bit version of 6.3, At that point, you should see that it's
downloading the the installation image and when it completes, you'll go the
graphic Anaconda installation screen.

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Willow: Why couldn't he be possessed by a puppy, or some
ducks?