[CentOS] OT: UPS battery vendor

Bowie Bailey Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com
Mon Feb 11 21:20:57 UTC 2013

On 2/11/2013 3:37 PM, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 2/11/2013 12:13 PM, Bowie Bailey wrote:
>> Batteries Plus was reliable, but their prices were going up, so I had to
>> look for a less expensive solution.
> lead acid battery prices have gone up a lot due to the price of lead and
> transportation.

True, but here is a comparison:

12V 18Ah battery
Batteries Plus: $79.88
Battery Sharks: $38.27

12V 7.5Ah battery
Batteries Plus: $42.47
Battery Sharks: $20.10

This is the total shipped price of a single battery based on ordering a
set of batteries -- (2) 7.5Ah batteries or (4) 18Ah batteries.  The
price would probably drop a bit on both sides if ordering in quantity.

Batteries Plus used to give us a discount on all of our orders since we
were a regular customer, but they still weren't even close to Battery
Sharks' prices.

--
Bowie