[CentOS] OT: UPS battery vendor

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Mon Feb 11 22:28:57 UTC 2013

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 11, 2013 at 2:49 PM,  <m.roth at 5-cent.us> wrote:
>> >>
>>> We use BatteriesPlus a lot.  Prices seem reasonable and our local one
>>> will deliver to us.
>>>
>> That was... odd. I went to their corporate website, then called, and
>> corporate doesn't do gov't contract, but stores might. I called the
>> store near here... and they apparently do.
>>
>> Very odd.
>
> Hmmm, when you read this thread in gmail's web interface you get a
> nice list of ads from battery vendors over on the right side...

I don't use gmail. I won't.

But back to the subject: BatteriesPlus - the store near here does GSA...
but when I look for replacement RBC43, what I find is about the same price
as APC direct. Battery Sharks is *much* better, about a third that... but
I just called, and at least the saleswoman I spoke to doesn't know from
GSA.

Still looking.

         mark "and then there's the preference for three quotes...."