[CentOS] OT: UPS battery vendor, cont'd

S.Tindall tindall.satwth at brandxmail.com
Wed Feb 13 00:19:54 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-02-12 at 13:28 -0500, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Here's the state of my search: BatteriesPlus is... odd. The corporate
> site, and after a phone call, tell me they don't do GSA, but some of their
> franchises do. I called the local one, and they do.
>
> However, the only RBC 43 they offer, I might as well buy direct from APC,
> at well over $300 for the set.
>
> Battery Sharks, and Apex, don't do GSA... but they *do* offer replacements
> for about $100 for the set.
>
> Having checked with my manager, we'll try the open market quotes. I would
> like a third recommendation, so I can offer purchasing three quotes.
>
> Recommendations?

When it was not an emergency purchase, I have historically used
McMaster-Carr, an industrial supplier, for my replacement batteries.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#sealed-lead-acid-batteries/=lg9y5y

I think you are looking for either the 7448K26 (12V 5Ah F2 $21.67 each)
or the 7448K81 (12V 6Ah F2 $26.72 each), which are NOT the ones I am
usually buying. I have never had a problem with their batteries.

Their web site makes no GSA claim, but "Google" suggests they do.

http://www.gsacontractswon.com/department/gsa/mc-master-carr-supply-company-006931349.asp?yr=09

You pay shipping, which is typically reasonable. Or they will ship on
your shipper number. My ground delivery for orders placed before 5PM is
typically the next business day, which is one reason I use them.

Like others have suggested, it's the local BatteriesPlus for
emergencies.

Steve