[CentOS] selinux and tinydns

Philip Manuel

phil at zomojo.com
Thu Feb 14 06:03:27 UTC 2013

Hi all,

tinydns starts up fine, selinux reports no issues (now after a day of
clearing errors).

If I turn selinux back to permissive in /etc/sysconfig/selinux, and
reboot, tinydns responds to queries.

If I turn selinux back to enforcing and reboot, tinydns does not respond.

Monitoring /var/log/messages shows no errors from iptables/shorewall or
selinux.  The only way I can find an error is performing the following:-

netstat -npl | grep tinydns  # gives me the process id
strace -f -p <process id>

 From this I can see that tinydns is reporting an error of:-

recvfrom(3, 0x606720, 513, 0, 0x7fffc7321ec0, 0x7fffc7321edc) = -1
EACCES (Permission denied)

I've got setroubleshoot set to send me an alert on first occurrence of
an issue, so far none received.

Does anyone know how I should proceed from here ?

Thanks

Phil.