[CentOS] motherboard for cents 6.3

Jerry Geis

geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Feb 14 15:28:08 UTC 2013

Seems like overnight every motherboard that worked with linux has
DROPPED off
the face of the earth.

Every motherboard I looked at is using the realtek 8111 chipset and a
northbridge
that is not supported.

Example: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3, does not work with linux
I tried disabling the onboard NIC and using a PCI-E intel card I always use
and that would not work either. The north or south bridge is messing
with the network card.
The card asks for a PXE boot but after centos starts it can no longer
find kickstart files, network
is messed up.

I was using Asus M5A88-M and they are no longer available.

Anyway - anyone have a suggestion for and AMD motherboard that works with
linux be great if it has onboard video (gaming is not needed), onboard
network,
SATA nothing super special just "working".

Thanks,

jerry