[CentOS] OT: memory brands?

John R Pierce pierce at hogranch.com
Wed Feb 20 20:43:58 UTC 2013

On 2/20/2013 6:38 AM, Patrick Lists wrote:
> On 02/20/2013 02:57 PM,m.roth at 5-cent.us  wrote:
>> >So, I'm rebuilding my system at home. Any recommendations or warnings
>> >about brands of memory? Googling around, I see brands I've never*heard*
>> >of....
> I like Crucial.

I used to use Crucial.    Then I had a bunch of hard-to-diagnose issues
with different systems that finally tracked down to various 'high end'
Crucial Ballistix memories.   Switched to Corsair for desktop stuff,
haven't had any problems.     Most of my servers have either OEM brand
(HP, Dell, IBM) memory (often it turns out to be Hyundai or Samsung), or
Kingston.