[CentOS] Not - Re: New DNS server up and running

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Thu Feb 21 01:28:35 UTC 2013

It looks like no system, internal or external could access the DNS on my
new server.  IPTABLES was set for 53 both UDP and TCP. Firewall was OK.
In fact a local system on the same subnet, thus NOT going through my
firewall was denied access to the internal domain.  Localhost of course
works.

So it is either the Linux firewall and bind port randomization, or it is
SELINUX.  How do I test to find out which?

Since the new server is on the same IP address as the old, it is
unplugged from the switch.  I can switch back and forth between to two
boxes, only taking the time for ARP table updates.

So I hope someone can point me to what I have missed.