[CentOS] looking for sssd basics and simple config with existing ldap centos 6.3

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Thu Feb 21 17:11:05 UTC 2013

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013, Götz Reinicke - IT Koordinator wrote:

> Dose anybody has a working example file to share with me?

Sure.

----- %< -----
[sssd]
config_file_version = 2
reconnection_retries = 3
sbus_timeout = 30
services = nss, pam
domains = blah.com

[nss]
filter_groups = root
filter_users = root
reconnection_retries = 3

[pam]
reconnection_retries = 3

[domain/blah.com]
auth_provider = ldap
cache_credentials = True
chpass_provider = ldap
debug_level = 3
entry_cache_timeout = 600
id_provider = ldap
ldap_id_use_start_tls = True
ldap_purge_cache_timeout = 0
ldap_search_base = dc=blah,dc=com
ldap_tls_cacertdir = /etc/openldap/cacerts
ldap_tls_reqcert = demand
ldap_uri = _srv_
----- %< -----

A few notes:

Our DNS servers are configured with SRV records for our LDAP server,
hence the _srv_ token in the ldap_uri directive, e.g.,

   [bash]$ dig +nocmd _ldap._tcp.blah.com -t srv +noall +answer
   _ldap._tcp.blah.com.  3600  IN  SRV  1 0 389 ldap-1.blah.com.
   _ldap._tcp.blah.com.  3600  IN  SRV  0 0 389 ldap-2.blah.com.

Second, we use a local certificate authority to issue and sign
internal-use certificates. The CA cert is installed in
/etc/openldap/cacerts and cacertdir_rehash is run against it. In fact,
we do that at kickstart time, e.g.,

   %post
   # import CA certificate and rehash it for LDAP/TLS
   curl http://www.blah.com/ca/ca.blah.com.pem \
      -s -o /etc/openldap/cacerts/ca.blah.com.pem
   /usr/sbin/cacertdir_rehash /etc/openldap/cacerts

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com
45°38' N, 122°6' W