[CentOS] RHEL 6.4 == FC?

Dennis Jacobfeuerborn dennisml at conversis.de
Fri Feb 22 14:57:38 UTC 2013

> On 02/21/2013 03:30 PM, Digimer wrote:
>> On 02/21/2013 03:27 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>>> I have read that v 6.3 is about Fedora 12.  Now that v 6.4 has shipped
>>> (no I won't be dumb enough to ask when C6.4 we ship), what version of
>>> Fedora does it match up with?
>>
>> It's not changed. Think of y-stream releases as "service packs" of a
>> type. It's basically all the updates as of that given date rolled into
>> a new ISO. This is a little simplified, but you get the idea. There
>> are no version changes, just patches.
>>
> And with F18 just out with all the complaints and patches, they are
> planning RHEL 7 for this year on it?  :)

Most of the complaints are directed at the new installer which was rushed
through and isn't entirely finished yet.

My theory is that the reason for this "rushing" is that since Fedora 18
servers as the base for RHEL 7 there was a strong interest in getting the
new installer in there so it receives some real-world testing in a release
before it pops up in RHEL later.

Regards,
  Dennis