[CentOS] problem building partitionable RAID-1 on Centos-6

Fred

fred.fredex at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 04:16:50 UTC 2013

Trying to install Centos6 on my system (it's been running C5 for years).
I've got a pair of drives, so I'm trying to use RAID-1.

Previously I used a procedure where each partition was part of a separate
RAID device, but this time I'm trying the HOWTO from the Centos WIKI on
making a partitionable  RAID pair.

I've been having a lot of  problems, but have also been working thru them.

but t his latest one  has me stumped, I'd appreciate some advice.

Booting encounters a panic when trying to mount the RAID subsystem. you can
see an image of it at users.rcn.com/fredricksmith/panic.JPG.

Looks as if it's trying to boot from md127. there ain't no such critter,
where'd it get the idea it could boot from there?

or more importantly, how can I solve it?

thanks!

I may have to revert to the other method, but I figured this one was worth
a try.

Fred