[CentOS] GUI volume control/mixer in C6??

Fred fred.fredex at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 18:38:33 UTC 2013

sigh.

Frank, what is it that appears in the notification area? the speaker icon?
I have that.

Liam, that's not the tool I'm asking about.

On c5 (and a prior installation of C6 on different hardware) I could get a
mixer to appear by double-clicking the speaker icon. this had sliders for
all the various input and output devices, like MASTER, PCM, CD, etc. now I
can't get it and don't know what to do to get it. As far as I recall I
never did anything special on the other systems, it just worked.

Further clues appreciated.

Fred