[CentOS] Procmail/Formail problem on 6.3

Fred Smith

fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Mon Feb 25 01:53:05 UTC 2013

Hi!

In the process of making mysystem work again, having just done a
reinstall of 6.3 x86_64.

I have a considerable collection of procmail recipes for filtering
mail in various ways, and since the upgrade none of 'em is working.

procmail passes every mail thru spambayes, which gives back a rating
on spamminess. this happens, so it's not as if procmail is simply
punting.

that is followed by tests for which mailbox it should go into, depending
on the mailing list, or otherwise who it's from.

these ARE NOT working.

these recipes all use formail to append a header identifying the mail
folder Procmail decided to use, and then the mail is appended to
the mailbox.

This has been working without problem for YEARS.

but now, it all ends up in my main mailbox, where only those things
that fail all the filters are supposed to go. aparently all the filters
are failing.

each filter is akin to this one:

:0:
| $FORMAIL -A"X-procmail: Centos-users" >>$HOME/Mail/centos

which checks to see if it came from the centos mailing list, and if
so should append a X"-Procmail: Centos-users" header then append the
mail to $HOME/Mail/centos. Only it doesn't append the header, and it
doesn't drop the mail in the centos mailbox.

anyone out there got a clue?

thanks!

Fred
                      The eyes of the Lord are everywhere,
                    keeping watch on the wicked and the good.