[CentOS] running yum update on remote servers

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Mon Feb 25 20:15:52 UTC 2013

On 02/25/2013 02:17 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:

> Am 25.02.2013 19:35, schrieb Robert Moskowitz:
>> For example, an apache update MAY require that I first check what it
>> will do to http.conf.
> NOT ON RHEL/CENTOS
>
> there are no major upgrades with changing API/ABI/Config
> that is why it is called "enterprise distribution"

I did some archive digging and it was shorewall that got me on this.
And then I went into conservative mode, as this impacted my firewall on
Centos.  Obviously overly conservative.

I am learning more, and this time, for example, I am trying hard NOT to
edit http.conf, instead to put some http.d/00-init-nn.conf files
together so I can know as much as possible what I have added.  I don't
know yet if that can be done.  I have done this on my test mail server.
Will see if I can do it on my web server.