[CentOS] VNC server not reponding to external requests

Mon Feb 25 16:33:04 UTC 2013
Neil Aggarwal <neil at JAMMConsulting.com>

Hello everyone:

I tried following the instructions on this page to set up a VNC
server:
http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/VNC-Server

I can telnet to port 5901 from the machine itself:
# telnet 127.0.0.1 5901
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
RFB 003.008

But, when I try to connect to it from the outside world, I get a connection
timeout.

My /etc/sysconfig/vncservers file does not have the -nolisten tcp nor the
-localhost
options so it should be configured to accept outside connections.

Is there some default setting in the vncserver that I need to change to
allow outside
connections?

Thanks,
  Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (972)834-1565, http://UnmeteredVPS.net/centos
Virtual private server with CentOS 6 preinstalled