[CentOS] Centos as l2tp/ipsec-Client

Fri Feb 1 10:47:06 UTC 2013
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

On 2/1/2013 1:55 AM, sebastian wrote:
> i need to configure a centos 6.3 - server as an l2tp/ipsec-client. I
> have no idea how I there previous or if this is even possible.
> Where one might find appropriate instructions? Google is not very
> helpful, without any idea.

whats the server?   there's no single standard for how VPN's like that
authenticate and get setup, even given that they are using l2tp over
ipsec.   ipsec itself is an unholy mess.    I prefer SSL based VPNs like
OpenVPN.

openswan is the generic l2tp/ipsec client (and server) in linux, million
configuration options via complex scripts, you need to know EXACTLY what
the server is expecting to authenticate and setup a session, and what
you're routing over it.