[CentOS] recent ruby packages?

Tue Feb 5 00:01:49 UTC 2013
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 5:36 PM, Craig White <craig.white at ttiltd.com> wrote:

> And lastly, Ruby is an ecosystem far beyond the base language. It has a 'gem' package management system which again is cross platform and even when you try to package ruby in rpm's, there's no way an RH or EPEL will keep up with updates.

I guess I still don't understand why you think that is a good thing.
If the developers didn't get it right the first dozen times, why do
you think the next update will be better?  That is, if EPEL can't keep
up, why would anyone want to?  If you don't have the QA that a
packager does it means you have to do it yourself.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com