[CentOS] LibreOffice 4.0 on Centos 5.9

Sun Feb 10 17:59:58 UTC 2013
fred smith <fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us>

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 04:11:00PM +0000, Nux! wrote:
> On 10.02.2013 14:11, fred smith wrote:
> > I've just installed LibreOffice 4.0.0.3 on my Centos 5.9 system. the
> > previous version (3.4.x) was working fine. But 4.0.0.3 won't start up.
> > When run from a terminal it prints:
> >
> > no suitable windowing system found, exiting.
> >
> > Is this yet another case of apps moving on beyond compatibility with
> > the older components in C5?
> >
> > Or any hints for making it work?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> Check this
> http://www.mail-archive.com/libreoffice-bugs@lists.freedesktop.org/msg78793.html

Ah-HA! that does the trick,... thanks a bunch!

Now I have LO starting, but the document (foo.odt) I'm trying to read
(which works fine in LO 3.x on a windows box, both versions reading from
the same shared folder out on the network) it claims is corrupt, asks
if I want to repair it and instantly says it can't be repaired. Still
works well on the older/windows LO. SIGH.

ah. looks like it's already been reported:

http://www.mail-archive.com/libreoffice-bugs@lists.freedesktop.org/msg76791.html

and the workaround may be to copy it to a local drive. funny how it has
no problem with .rtf files on the same netowrk share. :(