[CentOS] CentOs 6 DHCP Server and virtual interface

Sun Feb 10 22:16:44 UTC 2013
Gordon Messmer <yinyang at eburg.com>

On 02/03/2013 04:38 AM, Grzegorz Sołtys wrote:
> I have a virtualized Server with only one physical interface eth0 (WAN).
> To run OpenVPN i need to use DHCP server.

I don't think you do.  OpenVPN can allocate addresses without ISC DHCP,
typically.

> And here is the question: is
> there a chance to run DHCP server on eth0:0 interface? Or it is impossible ?

Probably not.  An alias is not an interface.  You can configure the
alias, and tell DHCP to only serve the subnet that matches, but requests
come in to the main interface via broadcast.  No matter what you do,
DHCPd is really serving eth0, not eth0:0.