[CentOS] OT: UPS battery vendor

Mon Feb 11 20:13:33 UTC 2013
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

On 2/11/2013 2:57 PM, m.roth at 5-cent.us wrote:
> Hi, folks.
>
> I need some new replacement batteries for rack-mount APC UPSes. My old
> vender... well, the salesman I dealt with for several years left about a
> year and a half ago, and last year's purchase was a disaster (wrong
> batteries, wrong batteries, months to get the shipping to return the wrong
> batteries...), so I'm looking for a new, reliable vendor who does US
> government contract sales.
>
> Recommendations? Warnings?

I don't know if they do government sales, but I've done business with
Batteries Plus locally and BatterySharks.com via the Internet.

Batteries Plus was reliable, but their prices were going up, so I had to
look for a less expensive solution.

On the first order I placed with Battery Sharks in 2011, they sent me
7Ah batteries instead of 7.5Ah.  Not a huge deal, but not what I
ordered.  After complaining about it, they gave me a $15 account credit
(I used the batteries anyway) and I haven't had any problems since.
Even with shipping, they are less expensive than Batteries Plus.

--
Bowie